- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 12 whole sage leaves (to brown for finish)
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups butternut squash puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cups caramelized onions
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 tsp. the Amazing Heat
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In small saucepan over medium heat, melt 4 Tbsp. butter, add 1 Tbsp. minced sage, whole sage leaves. Heat until butter browns. Strain butter and reserve browned sage leaves; keep butter warm.
In large saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together stock and squash puree. Bring to a simmer; maintain over low heat.
In risotto pan over medium heat, warm oil. Add onions and rice; stir 3 minutes. Stir in 1 Tbsp. sage and rosemary, 1 tsp Amazing Heat. Add wine; stir until absorbed. Add stock mixture a ladleful at a time; stir frequently. Wait until stock is almost completely absorbed before adding more. When rice is tender to bite but slightly firm in center, after about 30 minutes, stir in 3 Tbsp. butter, cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Add more stock if needed so rice is creamy. Let stand 2 minutes. Drizzle with sage butter and top with browned whole sage leaves.